Missoni

December 10, 2011

Luxe Cowl

Pattern Specs:
Knit in 1 (!) ball of Noro Silk Garden (colorway 241).
Knitted on US size 8 circulars.

I am on a real "don't overthink it" kick.  Simpler is often better.  My friend asked for a cowl with pretty colors.  That was it.  I love Noro and I love miters... goodness knows I've knit several pair of Mitered Mittens!  And I've wanted to knit a cowl using both for quite some time, it's just been on "the list" for too long.  

One (!) ball of Noro and a movie.
I knit this simple Luxe Cowl last night.  And I'm calling it Luxe because it truly is.  Silk Garden and Silk Garden Lite are two of my favorite luxury yarns.  The colorways are gorgeous and anyone who is fortunate to receive a knit from either will thank you for it. 

Luxe Cowl 
.........................................

Using the alternate cable cast on (or knitting on), cast on 80 (100) stitches on needle.
Join in round and alternate purling and knitting rounds for 5 rounds and then begin mitered pattern.

Mitered Pattern:
Over 20 stitches: *K1, M1L, K7, SSK, K2TOG, K7, M1R, K1* repeat *pattern* to end of round.
Knit round 2.

Repeat these 2 rounds until the cowl measures 8 inches. Then alternate purling and knitting rounds for 5 rounds (ending with a purl round), and bind off with knit stitches.
  
........................................

That's it!  I'm including the pattern in the notes section of my project page as well.  So if you're looking for a quick, yet special gift for someone, the Luxe Cowl is a perfect choice.  Enjoy!

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. lovely cowl and awesome colors! thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I assume that the size eight circulars are also 16" long? This is lovely, and I am going to try it with my handspun worsted-ish yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrea you can assume! Either 16" or 20" circs would work great!

      Delete